I'm a currently enrolled Ph.D. student at the VITA group at the University of Texas at Austin under the supervision of Dr. Zhangyang (Atlas) Wang. I obtained my Bachelor's degree from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) in June 2018. From August 2018 to December 2020, I worked as a research assistant with professor Nuria González Prelcic in UT. My current research interests include symbolic reasoning, graph neural networks, transformers, reinforcement learning and second order optimization. Here is my [CV].
- Symbolic Reasoning
- Graph Neural Networks
- Second Order Optimization (Learning to Optimize)
- Reinforcement Learning
The University of Texas at Austin
M.S. in Engineering, Aug. 2018 - Dec.2020
Ph.D., Dec. 2020 - present
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
B.Eng. in Communications Engineering, Sept. 2014 - Jun. 2018
- Research Assistant, Visual Informatics Group, the University of Texas at Austin
- Advisor: Dr. Zhangyang (Atlas) Wang
- Research topics include:
- Learning to Optimize: deliver faster and better optimizer for deep neural networks through back-propogate through the optimization procedure and find optimal optimizer in a data driven way.
- Transformers: leverage the sequence modeling power of transformers in graph modeling/reinforcement learning.
- Graph Networks: develop efficient graph models that scales and generalize.
- Applied Science Research Intern, Amazon A9
- Cold-start graph embedding learning for recommendation systems: first pretrain a graph model to generate versatile node embeddings using self-supervised learning, then learn a student model that is able to generalize to strict-cold-start nodes.
- Manager/Mentor(s): Dr. Nikhil Rao, Dr. Sumeet Katariya, Dr. Eddie Huang
- Research Assistant, WSIL Group, the University of Texas at Austin
- Estimate user device position through 5G millimeter wave signal, using compressive sensing (Orthogonal Mathing Pursuit) and deep learning (ConvNets, swarm based learning to optimize) approaches.
- Advisor: Dr. Nuria González Prelcic
- Research Intern, GEIRI North America
- Train a Soft Actor-Critic agent to manage large scale power grid: embed the huge discrete geometric actionsinto continuous space; using Graph Neural Networks as preprocessing; Monte-Carlo Tree search as efficientexploration
- Mentor: Dr. Jiajun Duan
- Research Assistant, UWC Lab, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Signal processing for wireless communications (Doppler spread estimation)
- Advisor: Dr. Wenjun Xu